Friday, March 09, 2018

It's Been a Long Time: 15 Years Today


March 9, 2003.

  • There was a sense of impending war with Iraq. (It started 8 days later.)
  • We were still reeling from the 9/11 attacks. 
  • Our troops were in Afghanistan.
  • I was 54 years old.
  • I started this blog.
  • Today, obviously, I am 69 years old. 
  • I am still writing this, although not as frequently as for many of these past years. 
  • Perhaps I am more focused? 

No, probably not. But I keep trying.

There are days when I wonder about quitting. But then I come up with new ideas for things to write about. Right now I am doing some preliminary work to dig more deeply into my Dad's service in World War II. I wrote about that on the 70th anniversary 4 years ago. I have found some new places to dig and new ways to find information. With the 75th Remembrances of D-Day, the Battle of the Bulge, and my Dad entering the war coming next year, that will take some of my time.

I also continue the Tuning Slide blog and posts and try on a regular basis to make some interesting - or at least personal - comments from my faith and political perspectives. There's always something.

So, I guess I will continue. While I continue to work part-time (right there is something I should talk about one of these days) things like this blog sure keep me off the streets and in the coffee shops writing. Write a comment some time and let me know how you're doing- and even who you are. I may be just throwing dust into the wind. But at least I'm having fun.

So, now for some music to kick off the sixteenth year....



No comments: